Chamber Chat 9/18
Dear Sci High Families,
Whew! This has been one of those weeks! I know we are all ready for the weekend. Just before you get completely settled into the evening, here are a few announcements and reminders:
- Attendance - It is of the utmost importance that all students are signed into their homerooms and each of their classes ON TIME every day, especially during this period of distance learning. Students who are late signing in will continue to receive calls from our Student Support team, and if necessary, may be reported for truancy.
- Screening tests - Next week, all students will be taking the LEAP 360 (not the high stakes LEAP 2025 test) which is an assessment tool to determine a student's academic strengths and needs. Webinars to support parents and answer questions will be held next week. Please stay tuned for more information.
- Come Register To Vote - Sci High will be conducting a Drive-Thru Voter Registration Drive on Tuesday, September 22nd at the school. Although this will be a drive-thru event, students may also register virtually and not have to attend the event. Any student who is a US citizen and 17 years old or older can register. Please reach out to Mrs. Cannon-Straight with any questions at email@example.com
- Meals - There will be no meal service on Monday 9/21. Meals were distributed yesterday for Thursday thru Tuesday. Meal service will resume next Wednesday, September 23, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at our school site located at 5625 Loyola Avenue. Additionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to move forward with the delivery meal service at this time. Should this change, we will notify you promptly.
5. 2019 - 2020 P-EBT Benefits - Louisiana is reopening the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) program for families who did not apply in May and June. All Sci High students are eligible because we are a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school.
This new application window is only for eligible families who did not apply in May and June. To receive these benefits, families must complete an application. The application portal (http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/pebt-program#faq
) will be open from September 8th at 8 a.m. to September 29th at 5 p.m. A link to P-EBT information and the application portal is available on the Department’s COVID-19 webpage.
6. Health Forms & Vaccines - Please continue to turn in your Health Information forms and Student Based Health Clinic consent forms. Please contact the school nurse at 504-613-5648, if your child has any medical concerns such as asthma, diabetes, seizures, needs medication during the school day, food, or other allergies. Also, if your student is not up to date with their vaccines, please schedule an appointment with the clinic, ASAP, by calling 504-613-5648.
Have a great weekend! Be safe!