Chamber Chat: Semester 2
I hope you are continuing to enjoy the spirit of the season. But as our Winter Break comes to an end, there are a few important announcements you should be aware of before second-semester classes begin next week.
First of all, we've moved!! Sci High has relocated to its new home at 2011 Bienville St., near the Biomedical District. We are thrilled to be in this new state-of-the-art building and cannot wait to have you all see our new home. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not able to have a Grand Opening at this time. Additionally, those same restrictions prevent us from having all of our students in the building at the same time. Therefore, our schedule will be as follows:
- Tuesday, Jan 5th - Friday, Jan 8th - all students will attend classes virtually.
- Students should check PowerSchool for their new schedules.
- Beginning Monday, Jan 11th, we will be operating using a hybrid model with students reporting to campus in groups (Group A or Group B) on specific days.
- Group A will report to campus on Mondays & Thursdays, while Group B engages in distance learning on those days.
- Group B will report to campus on Tuesdays and Fridays, while Group A engages in distance learning on those days.
- On Wednesdays, all students will have asynchronous assignments and will not report to campus.
- Each student will be notified by their Homeroom teacher regarding their group designation.
- Information regarding transportation and uniforms will be included in a separate email message.
In Person Learning Opt-Out
Note: If you and your student decide to not attend in-person classes, it will be for the entire 3rd quarter (01/05-03/05).