The New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School (Sci High) is an open-admission public charter school that prepares all students for college admissions and successful careers. Sci High provides a rigorous high school curriculum with an emphasis in science and mathematics in a supportive environment of learning and respect that prepares students to make informed choices about post-secondary pursuits.
The Finance/Human Resources Coordinator generates and maintains accurate and complete accounting and human resources data records. This is done in support of the Finance & HR Director with the goal of achieving accuracy and efficiency in all business operations.
Human resources supporting processes may include initial contact with incoming and returning staff as “customers”, on-boarding and off-boarding employees and contractors, benefits administration, payroll processing and other tasks that may be needed to support overall Human Resources operations.
Finance related tasks may include general bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online, processing staff reimbursement requests, financial recordkeeping and reconciliations, audit preparation, and other tasks that may be needed in support of overall Finance operations. This unique opportunity is ideal for a highly detail-oriented person interested in strengthening their human resources and finance skills in an entry-level role.
Associates degree or higher (Accounting or Business related preferred)
1-2 years relevant work experience in a K-12 school finance environment
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
The Finance and HR Coordinator should have experience in or be familiar with the following duties:
○ Communicate effectively and proactively, verbally and in writing with all staff, partners, vendors, credit card companies and other stakeholders;
○ Code expenses to proper account codes and funding sources in accordance with LAUGH chart of accounts.
○ Enter and process approved invoices for payment.
○ File, maintain and scan all related documents ensuring that all required support is attached.
○ Prepare AP aging report for management review.
○ Process and distribute approved reimbursement and accounts payable checks.
○ Prepare 1099 Tax File for issuance by external contractors.
○ Maintain and monitor a log of all recurring monthly bills.
Finance/HR Coordinator p.2
○ Greet and provide stellar customer service to all potential job candidates.
○ Maintain and complete new employee on-boarding process, managing all files and applicable documents.
○ Enroll all employees in selected fringe benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.).
○ Reconcile benefits insurance invoices to employee list monthly.
○ Support Director of Finance and HR in new employee orientation events and staff professional development sessions.
○ Maintain employee data in Paylocity including withholdings, direct deposit changes, emergency contact information, etc. as needed.
○ Assist staff members with cash collection and recording.
○ Prepare and record cash and check deposits and deliver to bank regularly.
○ Ensure all transactions have the appropriate support and documentation.
Other related duties:
○ Communicate with Foundation for Science and Math Education personnel regarding private grants transactions.
○ Support financial and grants audits, providing access to records as requested.
○ Prepare reports and documents for distribution at meetings or to stakeholders.
○ Other project-related duties as assigned.
Participate in faculty meetings, team meetings, professional development activities and staff motivation events as assigned.
Engage in the school community by assisting with reinforcement of school-wide policies as outlined in both the Employee and Student Handbooks.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources