Finance/ HR Coordinator
The New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School ("Sci High") is an open- admission public charter school that prepares all students for college admissions and successful careers. Sci High provides a rigorous high school curriculum with an emphasis in science and mathematics in a supportive environment of learning and respect that prepares students to make informed choices about post-secondary pursuits.
The Finance/Human Resources Coordinator generates and maintains accurate and complete accounting and human resources data records. This is done in support of the Finance team, with the goal of achieving accuracy and efficiency in all business operations.
Human Resources supporting processes may include initial contact with incoming and returning staff as “customers”, on-boarding and off-boarding employees and contractors, benefits administration, payroll processing and other tasks that may be needed to support effective Human Resourcesoperations.
Finance related tasks may include general bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online, processing purchase orders, staff reimbursement requests, financial record keeping and reconciliations, audit preparation, and other tasks that may be needed in support of effective finance operations. This unique opportunity is ideal for a highly detail-oriented person interested in strengthening their human resources and finance skills.
- Associates Degree or higher (Accounting or Business related preferred); • 3-5 years relevant work experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps.
The Finance and HR Coordinator should have experience in or be familiar with the following duties:
- Communicate effectively and proactively, verbally and in writing with all staff, partners, vendors, credit card companies and other stakeholders
- Accounts Payable
- File, maintain and scan all related documents ensuring that all required support is attached;
- Enter and process approved invoices for payment;
- Be familiar with general ledger account codes and funding sources;
- Process and distribute approved reimbursement and accounts payable checks as well as regular ACH payments;
- Prepare AP aging report for management review;
- Prepare annual 1099 vendor file for issuance by external contractors;
- Maintain and monitor a log of all recurring monthly bills.
Achievement. Integrity. Perseverance. Critical Thinking. Leadership and Community.
Finance/HR Coordinator p.2
- Assist staff members with cash collection and recording;
- Prepare and record cash and check deposits for delivery to bank regularly; ○ Ensure all transactions have the appropriate support and documentation.
- Assist staff members with management of their time and attendance in the Paylocity payroll application;
- Monitor staff time and attendance in Paylocity, preparing all transactions for monthly payroll processing;
- Update payroll records by entering changes to employee information or benefits such as job titles, demographics and verification of direct deposit information;
- Preparing requested reports from payroll application including summaries of earnings, attendance, payroll liabilities, etc;
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and responding to staff and external payroll queries.
- Human Resources
- Greet and provide stellar customer service to all potential and existing staff and school community members;
- Maintain and complete new employee on-boarding process, managing all files and applicable documents;
- Enroll all employees in selected fringe benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.);
- Support Finance staff in new employee orientation events and staff professional development sessions;
- Other related duties
- Support financial and grants audits, providing access to records as requested;
- Prepare reports and documents for distribution at meetings or to stakeholders;
- Other project-related duties as assigned School-wide duties
- Participate in faculty meetings, team meetings, professional development activities and staff motivation events as assigned;
- Engage in the school community by assisting with reinforcement of school-wide policies as outlined in both the Employee and Student Handbooks.
Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources Lead Administrator: Head of School