May 17, 2023 | by dwilliamson
New Orleans Charter Science & Math High School (“Sci High”) seeks a qualified individual to serve as its Facility Manager. The Facility Manager ensures the health, security, safety, maintenance, and repair of the entire school facility and grounds as well as supervises the custodial team. The Facility Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
Our Mission: New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School (“Sci High”) is an open-admission public charter school that prepares all students for college admissions and successful careers. Sci High provides a rigorous high school curriculum with an emphasis on science and a supportive environment of learning and respect that prepares students to make informed choices about post-secondary pursuits.
The Facilities Manager plans, organizes, schedules, and oversees custodial and grounds operations and activities and assures compliance with rules and regulations related to assigned activities specifically:
- Develop and execute maintenance and construction projects;
- Determine the need for emergency renovation, carpentry services, plumbing, electrical, etc;
- Prepare work schedules; requisition materials, tools, and equipment needed to complete tasks;
- Initiate action to correct or repair the damaged property;
- Assign crews to perform work and inspects work upon completion;
- Work closely with the leadership team to determine current and future needs;
- Enforce state, local, and campus policies and standards, including compliance with OSHA, Fire Marshall, Department of Health & Hospitals, Asbestos, and Pest management policies and regulations;
- Follow-up on maintenance and service procedures and vendors;
- Coordinate the maintenance and set up of athletic/sporting events supported and/or sponsored by Sci High;
- Conduct physical inventory of custodial and grounds equipment and supplies;
- Maintain all records of repairs, renovations, and scheduled preventative maintenance;
- Maintain and update information regarding custodial & facility inventory, contracts with partner organizations, equipment serviced, inspections, asbestos, and other legal and compliance-related records as well as facility keys and codes;
- Order and distribute building supplies;
- Ensure that lighting, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems are operating properly;
- Research new products and meet with vendors as appropriate;
- Assist with various activities including moving furniture, setting up facilities for special events, and other activities as needed;
- Support faculty with keys, keypads/security, repairs & facility concerns;
- Remain on-call for emergencies as assigned.
As a Sci High team member, you are expected to:
- Participate in Sci High team activities, including training and staff meetings;
- Attend professional development conferences and learning groups, as needed;
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with school administrators, school staff, and parents regularly regarding program activities;
- Develop rapport and build relationships with Sci High instructional staff, support staff, and parents.
- Strong belief in the Sci High mission, vision, and core values
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Five (5) years minimum of supervisory experience in custodial, construction, or related fields.
- Highly organized with exceptional detail orientation and a sense of personal responsibility
- Self-starter who enjoys learning new things and utilizing a variety of resources
- In-depth knowledge of operations, services, and activities of a grounds and facility maintenance programs
- Comfortable and excited by working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success and outcomes in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
Sci High offers a competitive wage and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, retirement, and paid leave.