The child-focused paraprofessional will provide one-on-one support and assistance to a specific child in accordance with the child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Shadows and provides one-on-one support to a specific child throughout the school day to achieve academic goals specified in the IEP;
· Ensures the student’s academic and behavioral needs are being met;
· Monitors the student’s daily schedule and IEP to ensure a safe and positive learning environment;
· Focuses on instructional activities to ensure the student is focused, engaged in the learning process, and mastering critical skills;
· Develops critical skills that will ultimately lead to greater independence;
· Facilitates positive social interactions between the child and other children in the classroom;
· Serves as liaison between teachers and parents and communicates progress;
· Monitors student behavior and maintains documentation of care provided to the child;
· Perform other assigned duties as needed;
Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or 48 college credits from an accredited college or university, or have a passing score on the Praxis Para Professional examination.
Preferred Skills and Management Experience
· Previous experience as a Paraprofessional preferred.
· Educational experience preferred.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, and staff.