Chamber Chat - 1/10
Good afternoon Sci High Families,
I hope this message finds you safe and healthy.
In my last message to you, we were planning to welcome our students into our new campus on Bienville St. Since that time, however, due to the spike in COVID-19 cases in New Orleans, we were instructed by NOLA Public Schools (NOLA-PS) to revert back to virtual learning. Therefore, we will continue operating using our current distance learning model until further notice from NOLA-PS and local health officials.
Other important announcements:
- Homeroom - Please note that Homeroom begins at 7:40 a.m. each day. Homeroom is the official attendance taking period for the day. All students should sign in to homeroom ON TIME. If the homeroom attendance is turned in by the teacher and your student was marked absent during that period, you may receive a call from the school.
- Virtual "Back To School Night" for the 2nd semester will take place on Thursday, January 14th, 5:00 p.m., via Google Meets or Zoom. This event will allow parents to follow their students' schedules, join each class for 15 minutes, and meet each teacher virtually. This will be your opportunity to get all your questions about your students' new courses answered.
- Meals: We are continuing our Curbside Meal Service. Meals will be distributed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in front of the school at 2011 Bienville St. from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. In addition, NOLA Public School students are eligible for FREE lunch and supper meals 7 days a week delivered to your home. Sign-up by calling 311 or visiting NOLA311.org/Meal Assist.
- Community Feeding Sites: There are community feeding sites located at various schools during Virtual Learning. Visit NOLA Public Schools website for specific site information and times at https://nolapublicschools.com/covid19/nutrition.
- Mobile COVID-19 Testing Site: Starting Wednesday, January 13th, Sci High will be partnering with NOLA-PS and Core Response to provide mobile COVID-19 testing services for any interested staff, student, or community member. The CORE van will conduct testing outdoors on Wednesdays ONLY.
That's all for now. As I close all of my messages to you, please stay safe and wear a mask! It could very well make the difference in whether our students return to school sooner, rather than later.