June 7th - July 1st
All Sci High students are invited to S.T.E.P to effectively address unfinished learning and to provide students with additional opportunities for learning and growth during the summer months. The Sci High S.T.E.Program will include both academics and enrichment while eliminating barriers for students accessing summer learning in addition to addressing the social and emotional well-being of participants.
Complete the registration form for the program you wish to enroll for this summer. Registration will close on Friday, May 21, 2021. Families will be notified via email to confirm the student(s) participation.
11th & 12th Grade Students Credit Recovery and LEAP 2025 remediation
- Students who failed a core course (may include seniors who need credit recovery) or who scored “unsatisfactory” on a LEAP 2025 exam.
- Students will engage in interactive and personalized online credit recovery courses.
- Students will also participate in small group tutoring in preparation to retake the LEAP.
Acceleration for rising 10th & 11th grade students to receive “just in time” tutoring and enrichment.
- Students that will take Algebra II, Geometry, or Biology in Fall 2021 will get an academic jumpstart.
- Students will attend lessons taught by highly qualified instructors and be guided every step of the way by Dillard or XU undergraduate students who serve as tutor-mentors.
- Students will also participate in projects and group activities, and guest speakers in related fields will help ignite interest in various career opportunities.
- Students will engage in interactive and personalized online credit recovery courses. Students will participate in small group tutoring in preparation to retake the LEAP.
The Freshman Experience to help 9th graders transition into high school.
- Get a preview of what your high school experience will be.
- Meet your future teachers and classmates.
- Learn the "Sci High Way" – Get to know how to be organized and navigate life as a Nautili.
- Incoming 9th graders who will be enrolled in Algebra I during the 2021-22 school year will get a jump start with Math Essentials (pre-Algebra I) taught by qualified instructors and be guided by DU or XU undergraduate student tutor-mentors.
- Diagnostic Screening for placement into appropriate math, ELA, or reading class.
Ms. Burks – email@example.com