Substitute Teacher (Immediate Opening)
At Sci High, when the regular classroom teacher is out, our substitute teachers make sure that students are still learning. Every substitute teacher at Sci High:
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears board, etc.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school.
- Ensures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
- Knows school procedures and regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for education majors or those interested in making a difference in the community!
- At least 2 years of college
- Ability to pass background checks and an additional fingerprint screening by the State and Federal Government